Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Time for My Pill and Hot Cocoa

It's a frequent nightmare with me. No, I don't mean dreaming that Sarah Palin has succeeded to the Presidency. I mean the ghoulish, repeated dream that I'm walking the halls of a school, and its students are taunting me, making me untie and retie my shoelaces over and over, making me remove my belt so that my pants keep falling, making me overload my arms and neck with bracelets and necklaces so that they can barely move, making me stuff my mouth with dozens of sticks of gum while mushly repeating the word "Student!," making me run to one classroom door after another while a horn-bell keeps blasting in my ears. Dear God, I can't take anymore! Justice, o justice, where art thou? Am I to be haunted until death with the faces and names I see in these dreams: Jeremy, Tom, Josh, Caitlin, Sandra, Nick, Bobby, Allison, Mark, Chris, Margaret, Eric, John, Michael, Victor, Susan, Allison, Paul, Maurice, Kristin, etc.?

-Old Doc


No comments: