Friday, October 10, 2008

Sweet and Low

May the Lord God damn the xylophone! Seriously, which demon invented that obnoxious instrument? Purgatory for me would be a near-eternity of exposure to relentless xylophone music perhaps accompanied by constant background lyrics by the Carpenters. Anyway, I've always wished I could play a musical instrument. Now that I've had a little more time, I finally acted. I bought and practiced on my favorite three: the piano, clarinet, and blues harmonica. Try to catch me for my debut (and one-and-only show, at least so far) on Tuesday, November 18 at 2:30 a.m. (the final show of the night---not the best date and time, I realize) at the Broken Bones Cafe' downtown; they're billing me as Doctor Trinity. Afterward, vote for your favorite instrument which I played.

-Old Doc

No comments: