Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Skin Deep

A few years ago, every other woman was changing her hair color to what she thought was red, but which was a ghastly orange. Lately the trend is blond, nothing but blond. And so I watch all these women news commentators on t.v., and they're all bleached blonds and all with the same hair style. I can't tell one commentator from another. Most store clerks, secretaries, movie stars, and singers are now bleached blonds. For heaven's sake, God gave women a nice variety of four hair colors: blond, brown, black, and red. They look so much better wearing their natural color. At least I can tell which one is Sarah and which one is Mrs. McCain when they stand together on stage. But I'm awaiting the next trend of blue or purple or green. That would be much worse than only blond, so when it happens, I'll have tattoos of Dagwood's wife burned into my forehead and arms in a feeble attempt to call women back to some degree of sanity.

-Old Doc

No comments: