Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baseball and Television

My house lost electricity for a while right in the middle of my "Dancing with the Stars" (go, old timers!), so I couldn't continue watching that, nor play my video games. Although there was enough natural light in the room for reading, I already had finished reviewing the astrological chart of my daily horoscopes through April, so what could I read? Ah, the Bible. Since I've rarely read the Bible, I decided to give it a try. To my surprise I found in it a couple of my favorite things: baseball mentioned, and television forbidden. In Genesis 1:1, it is stated, "In the big inning . . ." And in the Gospel of Matthew, as Jesus is descending the mountain with Peter, James, and John after they were given the vision of Jesus' transfiguration with Moses and Elijah, Jesus tells the boys, "Tella vision to no one." What a Good Book!

-Old Doc

No comments: