Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Hand Knows

It's almost Halloween. I think I'll do again what I've done for many Halloween nights. I sit in a simple chair in my lighted driveway wearing just jeans, t-shirt, and flops---nothing scary. On my left hand is a simple white sock. Older kids and teenagers don't approach me because they think I'm goofy or boring, but small kids do approach (with, of course, their parents lingering in the background). As the small ones draw near, I make my sock hand start growling and talking spooky talk. Keep in mind that my lips are fullly moving, as I don't pretend to be a ventriloquist. But instead of watching my non-scary mouth, the kids' eyes focus on the utterly plain "talking" sock. It scares the hell out of them, and they turn and run away screaming. Lord, I love to frighten kids---and airhead blonds.

-Old Doc

1 comment:

Gonflé said...

Regrettably, I don't have so much money that I can easily part with it by giving it to begging bloggers; even if they are begging belligerently. (You'd just spend it on booze anyway.) You can, however, have my most sincere well-wishes and a whole passel of goodwill! Do with it as you see fit.