Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wiccerstick Man

In every bookstore I visit I find a large "New Age," "Occult," or "Alternate Religions" section adjacent to the "Religion/Philosophy" section, sometimes larger than the religion one. Books on astrology, paganism, etc. are featured---in my face. Not that I have anything against astrology---my B.A. minor is in that subject---comes in handy. But the number-one pushed subject seems to be Wicca. Wicca, Wicca, Wicca. I finally succombed. Not only did I buy a book on that topic, but I've decided to become one. What, you say? I Wic can't. No, I think I Wic can. Well, for only a week, two weeks tops. I bought a special cap, gown, and sandals to go with Wicca. Now I have to find a public park. Wicca will help me get in touch with my feminine side. Or it might have me arrested.

-Old Gargoyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The day after Easter, a History Channel show aired titled, Aiencent Astonauts", which was based off of the book, "Chariots of the gods".

I'm sure you have heard of the book. Can't believe that it was on the day after Easter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariots_of_the_Gods%3F