Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dean to Springsteen to Gargoyle

I'm not much of a follower of fashion (my clothes, including my underwear, are twenty-something years old). But I do miss not being able---because it's no longer styish---to roll up my shirt sleeves up and tight to the point of my shoulders, the way James Dean used to do. Man, I used to be able not only to tuck my pack of Chesterfield (never Camel) cigarettes in the roll-up, I used to be able to show off my Popeye tatoos on my biceps. Just think of how trendy that could be again: Every other person has tatoos now, so why not show them off constantly? And when flu season comes around, I wouldn't have to bother to answer people's stupid question, "Got your flu shot yet?" because the shot mark and Band-Aid on it would be obvious. I'm now working on something for knickerbockers.

-Old Gargoyle

No comments: