Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Poppin' Wheelies

Today I did my first wheelies route (delivery of Meals on Wheels) unaccompanied by my M.W. tutor.
I made two or three meal stops, then I noticed that the next six customers lived in the same neighborhood. In light of the price of gasoline for my car, I decided to stay at one house (Miss Lucille's), and from there phone-call the next several elderly persons to make their own way to Lucille's house if they wanted to eat. Well, it didn't take long. Old people in wheelchairs and with walkers can move faster than you think when they're starving. We had a feast at Lucille's. Of course, we did also eat the meals meant for the four persons toward the end of my route, but those four will just have to fend for themselves. Haven't they ever heard of cans of tuna and bags of chips? God bless our elderly citizens---they forget to file complaints.

-Old Gargoyle

No comments: