Monday, May 11, 2009

God 36, Guys 28

I now officially am in Seine. For some reason, the little woman laughingly confirms it every time I say it. Anyway, even here in the boondocks of Delaware can I catch my favorite t.v. programs. But, boy, I don't like to see them delayed by sports games. And what I also don't like seeing is, when I catch a game at its tail end, one of the basketball, golf, hockey, or tennis players, or one of the racers or boxers give thanks on the interviewer's microphone to God or Jesus for the victory. Once, just once, I'd love to hear a player from the losing team angrily criticizing God or Jesus for allowing the team to lose. After all, doesn't God realize that He has few better things to do than to ensure victories to amateur and professional athletes 365 days per year?

-Old Gargoyle

1 comment:

Nathan Champion said...

Definitely reminds me of "The War Prayer" by Mark Twain.