Monday, December 15, 2008

Dead Man Walking

I gave in. After watching for months on television a commercial for those small, wheelchair-like scooters for the elderly, I ordered one. I don't need one---it simply looked like a fun way to move around. I already suspected some shadiness about the advertised company which promised to obtain a scooter for me at no cost for me. Surely enough, with only some insurance payment, my scooter arrived in the U.P.S. delivery van. Man oh man. I began riding my scooter back and forth through the house, riding it up and down my driveway, riding it down on the sidewalks around the neighborhood, riding it to the stores, riding it to church, to the theater, etc. I love that scooter; I've nicknamed it Scooter. The litle woman can't pry it from me. I even sleep in it. Tomorrow Jonka will drive me to my doctor's office; my legs have atrophied.

-Old Gargoyle

No comments: