Friday, November 21, 2008

Ten Huttt

I just finished watching a t.v. commercial for the Salvation Army. Most people don't realize that the Salvation Army is not just a social-service organization---it's technically a denominational church, an offshoot of the Methodist Church. The Sal Army does a good job of feeding and sheltering the needy. It made me think. Maybe I could kill two birds with one stone. As an old Selective Service draft dodger, maybe I could compensate for that, while satisfying my interest in religion, by voluntarily joining the Salvation Army. I'm gonna try for major, but with my past record of helping the poor, I might have to settle for corporal or sergeant. I don't have my own bell to use, but I do have a windchime which the little woman hates.

-Old Gargoyle

No comments: