Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Audi, Folks

When I was a kid, expensive sportscars in our rural town were a rarity and a treat. Someone had a green Jaguar which I'd see now and then parked downtown; it was one of my two favorites. The other favorite didn't appear in town until one the deejays at our local radio station achieved some minor fame. He set his desk in the large front window of his station, and broadcast a record-breaking eight consecutive days and nights without a bit of sleep. I would pass in front of his window each morning on my newspaper route, and wave to him but without response because of his semi-zombie state after just three or so days on the air. The grateful townsfolk gave him a dazzling, new, white Corvette for his record. And so the Jaguar and the Corvette became my favorites. Lately I've lost interest in the Jag. I now like the Corvette and the sporty Audi. If any of you ex-students out there want to make amends, buy and send me a new or at least fairly new Corvette or Audi. If so, I'll dedicate one of its wheels as a prayer wheel which will spin thousands and thousands of prayers for your salvation as I drive.

-Old Gargoyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And of course the only music played in this Corvette would be Bob Dylan, "the Master"

Like I said, ahhhh, the memories!