Friday, November 28, 2008

Please Use Airmail First Class

Last week the Vatican announced that, on behalf of B-16 (Pope Benedict XVI), it is apologizing for having criticized the Beatles some FORTY years ago for having said that they (the Beatles) were more popular than Jesus. I remember that around that time I went to confession to a Jesuit priest at a college. When I entered the confessional, I was surprised to find that not only was his back to me, with the screen separating us, he had on his lap two large bookkeeping ledgers. He proceeded to do accounting calculations with his calculator and pen while hearing (I guess) my confession! Heck, not merely surprised---I found this insultive. So I'm writing to the Vatican requesting an apology on behalf of this anonymous priest. I guess it might arrive around 2048.

-Old Gargoyle

No comments: