Thursday, March 19, 2009

How Will We Wrap the Fish?

It's a shame that national viewers of the nightly broadcast-news networks have greatly declined in the past twenty years. Old timers now are the bulk of those viewers; that's why all the commercials during those broadcasts sell medicine. Newspapers too have seriously declined, and more and more permanently are closing shop. Younger people obtain their news from the Internet, not the networks nor newspapers. Yet from where do they think the Internet derives its news sources? Largely from these same endangered newspapers! What a shame.

Only this afternoon, as I was driving to my secret neighborhood pub (don't tell Jonka), I saw a small crowd gathered in the cemetery which I pass on the way. The people seemed more curious than anything else, so I decided to stop and explore the scene. It was then that I saw the grave of their concern. Its tombstone had the front page of several newspapers tacked onto it, accompanied by the tombstone's headline reading "Mourning Edition."

-Old Gargoyle




No comments: