Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Gargoyle

I've been babysitting my younger grandchildren, each just a few months old. It turns out to be fun, making me sad that I didn't have the chance to babysit the older ones. With the younger ones, I read and play games, and I try to have them mimick my faces, gestures, words, etc. Sometimes we . . . Whoa! I just thought of something. What if, being unable to resist my charisma, they actually develop, rapidly or slowly, into little replicas of the Old Gargoyle? What if it reaches the point that they even start looking like me, something in the manner of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"? Oh, Lord, where and when does this gargoyle curse end?

-Old Gargoyle

2 comments:

Michael said...

God save us.

Anonymous said...

A new Gargoyle? Let me gather the rest of the cult. This will be a day of much rejoicing.