Sunday, January 4, 2009

Batman and Joker

I was taken aback by the new television commercial by rocker Ozzy Osbourne. In it he mumbles unintelligibly in all scenes, yet he sells some product. "Hey," I said to meself, "Ozzy must have mad-cow disease like me!" So I had my computer friend track down his phone number. I called Ozzy's house, and he answered. For some ten minutes Ozzy and I mumbled back and forth about our mad-cow disease, and we actually understood each other. The little woman watched and heard me with that unbelieving look on her face. Our conversation ended with me inviting him, when he might be visiting my city, to drop in for Jonka's delicious cornbread and sausage gumbo. He countered by inviting me, whenever I might be in L.A., to drop in at his house for his tasty bat stew.

-Old Gargoyle

No comments: