Monday, September 6, 2010

Ratty Tat Too

All this fuss about tattoos! I think tattoos, especially large ones or several of them on a person, are repulsive, dirty-looking, weird. Yet, after watching a few episodes of tv's "L.A. Ink," and developing a crush on its main woman tattoo artist, I was persuaded to visit a tattoo parlor. First, I received the traditional butterfly tattoo. Then I asked for and was given the image of an anchor. With plenty of time scheduled for this, I next obtained a tattoo of dice. Then she talked me into one featuring the state capitol of Delaware; this was followed by a large one of Popeye. Well, I found that I had to have a second tattoo butterfly to remind me of the first, then a second anchor to have me reflect upon the first one; a second tattoo of dice came next, because I wanted a refresher about the first dice; I had to have another capitol building at Dover in order not to forget the previous one; then, of course, a second Popeye to honor the first one.

Dear Lord, then I realized the addictiveness toward tattoos about which you hear people speak. Good thing my tattoos all were temporary.

No comments: