Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Russian Roulette

People ask me, "Why in the world do you like Rasputin [the Russian "mad monk" of the early 1900s]?"

I reply that, like me, Rasputin was impervious to bullets and liquor---as I still have some two-dozen bullets---well, shotgun pellets---in my body from an, er, hunting accident, years ago; and I still have in my body, says my physician, Doctor Smirnoff, a large batch of undigested but benign beer and vodka from my drinking days in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Moreover, I like the way that Raz deliciously blended quest for physical pleasure with quest for spiritual mysticism---no sugary pietistic nonsense for him.

When I explain it this way to questioners, I make a few new members, at least with males, for my group. For you to join, visit www.delawarerasputinsociety.org.


5 comments:

FormerStudent#18 said...

careful or i'll have to steal that domain name from you and sell it back at triple the price...

Old Gargoyle said...

The Old Gargoyle likes to see well- thought-out deviousness (a quality encouraged by Rasputin himself) demonstrated by his former students.

Nathan Champion said...

The chroniclers ABBA also noted another similarity between yourself and the mad monk: "There was a cat that really was gone."

Anonymous said...

Saw you beer at Trader Joe's yesterday: Rasputin. Have you tried it?

Old Gargoyle said...

Anonymous, really? Nice detective work. No, I didn't know about Rasputin beer. I'll try it; I hope it puts me in a dark mood, makes me hear church bells, and makes my beard grow more rapidly.