Friday, March 26, 2010

No-Bull Lock

I recently violated my own advice to you not to visit Austin, Texas. Temptation swayed me to go there for its music and film festivals. Let me tell you, days on a Greyhound bus from Delaware to Austin, stopping at every little town day and night, eating nothing but fried chicken and grits, made it doubtfully worthwhile. I can firmly advise you: don't travel more than one or two hours by bus to anywhere.

Anyway, I was in Austin when the news broke about the marital trouble between Sandra Bullock and Jesse James. Yahoo! At last, my chance to make a move on pretty Sandra. But after three nights of camping behind some trees across from her Austin house, I saw only a dark-window van enter and leave her place just twice. And after all the tickets I've bought to see her movies. Maybe I can mail her a request for a partial refund---or just leave it in her house mailbox. Still, I don't want to find myself lassoed, run over by a race car, or shot in the back.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesse James was shot in the back some years ago in Missouri and is buried there. Sorry Sandra.

Old Gargoyle said...

Hence the allusion in my last line.