Saturday, September 26, 2009

Graveyard Shift

Last night I worked late at my job as a part-time night watchman at the glue factory. So on my way walking home, I decided to take the shortcut through the cemetery. I was moving gingerly among the headstones in the dark when I heard a man's voice in the distance saying, "Whoo wee, it's cold down here!" Lord, I froze. I listened quietly and heard it again, "Whoo wee, it's cold down here!"

I then slowly followed the sound of the voice, and came upon an open grave which had a pile of dirt surrounding it. I forced myself to look down into it, and could make out a man's body down there in the dark. "Whoo wee, it's cold down here!" he shouted up at me.

"Well, no wonder you're cold," I stammered, "you done kicked all the dirt off you!"

-Old Gargoyle

No comments: