Monday, August 17, 2009

I've Been to the Mountain Top

It's almost September. I like September. And with all the recent news about events in Asia, I'm reminded of what I did when many years ago, something like the young Bill Murray did in "The Razor's Edge." With the help of a local guide, I climbed a mountain in Tibet looking for a great guru. We finally reached the top, then to our surprise the guru made us wait an hour before granting us an audience.

Finally we were allowed to enter the guru's presence in his little straw-and-bamboo shack. "I've come such a long way, guru. What, please, is the meaning of life?" I asked through my interpreter-guide.

Guru answered, "Get EVERYTHING in writing. Otherwise, you'll end up broke and alone atop a cold, goddamn mountain."

-Old Gargoyle


No comments: